Speedworks Motorsport and driver Tom Ingram are becoming faster and faster as the season continues. The young driver topped both of the free practice sessions at Oulton Park. Ingram waited to set his fastest time until the last few minutes of the session.
Next up was Halford Yuasa Racing’s Gordon Shedden was the first driver to set a lap time inside the 1:25 time. He was then pushed down to second when Ingram set a lap time 0.065 seconds quicker.
The gaps between the top six drivers were pretty close with Shedden beating Aron Smith’s Volkswagen CC by 0.090 seconds quicker. Meanwhile, Josh Cook and Jack Goff rounded out the top five, making it five different makes of cars represented in the top five. The only manufacturer to have two cars inside the top six were BMW as Tordoff followed his West Surrey Racing teammate Goff home to take sixth.
Jason Plato and Colin Turkington brought their Silverline Subaru BMR Racing Levorgs home in seventh and eighth, this making people think they could be more competitive during this weekend.
Next up in ninth was MG’s Ashley Sutton followed by Rob Austin in his Handy Motorsport run Toyota Avensis to round out the top ten.
During the second free practice session all thirty-two cars set flying lap times. Dan Welch and James Cole were suffering issues during the session which caused them to not be able to set as many flying laps.
The finishing positions of the second free practice session are as follows:
- Tom Ingram ~ Speedworks Motorsport
- Gordon Shedden ~ Halfords Yuasa Racing
- Aron Smith ~ BKR
- Josh Cook ~ MG Racing RCIB Insurance
- Jack Goff ~ Team IHG Rewards Club
- Sam Tordoff ~ Team JCT600 with GardX
- Jason Plato ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Colin Turkington ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Ashley Sutton ~ MG Racing RCIB Insurance
- Rob Austin ~ Handy Motorsport
- Matt Neal ~ Halfords Yuasa Racing
- Andrew Jordan ~ Motorbase Performance
- Jake Hill ~ RCIB Insurance Racing
- Hunter Abbott ~ Power Maxed Racing
- Rob Collard ~ Team JCT600 with GardX
- Daniel Lloyd ~ Eurotech Racing
- Aiden Moffat ~ Laser Tools Racing
- Martin Depper ~ Eurotech Racing
- Michael Epps ~ RCIB Insurance Racing
- Mat Jackson ~ Motorbase Performance
- Ollie Jackson ~ AmD Tuning.com
- Warren Scott ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Adam Morgan ~ WIX Racing
- Matt Simpson ~ Speedworks Motorsport
- Jeff Smith ~ Eurotech Racing
- Chris Smiley ~ TLC/RCIB Insurance Racing
- Alex Martin ~ Dextra Racing
- Kelvin Fletcher ~ Power Maxed Racing
- Daniel Welch ~ Goodstone Racing
- James Cole ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Stewart Lines ~ Maximum Motorsport
- Mark Howard ~ BKR
©Fay Tilley 5th June 2016.