BMR driver Colin Turkington has secured the maiden pole position for the Silverline Subaru BMR Racing team during the qualifying session at Oulton Park, located in Cheshire. During the thrilling qualifying session on the 2.26-mile-long circuit in Cheshire, Jason Plato and Colin Turkington were holding a one-two at one point until other competitors started setting faster times.
Plato was demoted down the order when Gordon Shedden in his Honda and Ashley Sutton in his MG both set faster times. Shortly after the half way point of the session most of the competitors pulled into the pit lane, as they normally do to get a new set of tyres on.
West Surrey Racing’s Sam Tordoff was up into second place on the live timing screens until Daniel Lloyd topped his time to take second on his second weekend in the Eurotech Racing Honda Civic Type R. Despite a lot of the competitors challenging for the top spots, nobody was able to knock Turkington from first and Lloyd from second.
The finishing positions of the qualifying session shows a huge turn around for the Silverline Subaru BMR Racing team after their disappointing weekend at Thruxton.
Dan Lloyd took second during the qualifying session after setting a lap time just 0.019 seconds off of the pole position time set by Colin Turkington. Sam Tordoff finished the session in third with Tom Ingram following in fourth. Gordon Shedden had to settle to take fifth place just 0.001 second behind Tom Ingram’s Toyota. The top twenty-two cars were covered by just under one second.
Plato managed to finish the session in sixth place ahead of MG’s Ashley Sutton, who came home in seventh. Matt Neal brought his ballast heavy Honda Civic Type R home in eighth. Aron Smith finished the qualifying session in ninth and Josh Cook rounded out the top ten.
Quite a few of the drivers usually seen at the front of the grid were not able to hook up the laps to manage to set a fast enough lap time. The BMWs of Goff and Collard finished the session down in fifteenth and sixteenth. Motorbase’s Andrew Jordan finished the session in twelfth with teammate Jackson down in twenty-fifth.
Adam Morgan is another driver who is usually within the top ten qualifiers but after suffering balance issues with the car he had to settle for twenty-eighth.
The results from the qualifying sessions are as follows:
- Colin Turkington ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Daniel Lloyd ~ Eurotech Racing
- Sam Tordoff ~ Team JCT600 with GardX
- Tom Ingram ~ Speedworks Motorsport
- Gordon Shedden ~ Halfords Yuasa Racing
- Jason Plato ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Ashley Sutton ~ MG Racing RCIB Insurance
- Matt Neal ~ Halford Yuasa Racing
- Aron Smith ~ BKR
- Josh Cook ~ MG Racing RCIB Insurance
- Hunter Abbott ~ Power Maxed Racing
- Andrew Jordan ~ Motorbase Performance
- Jeff Smith ~ Eurotech Racing
- Aiden Moffat ~ Laser Tools Racing
- Jack Goff ~ Team IHG Rewards Club
- Rob Collard ~ Team JCT600 with GardX
- Jake Hill ~ RCIB Insurance Racing
- James Cole ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Rob Austin ~ Handy Motorsport
- Martin Depper ~ Eurotech Racing
- Matt Simpson ~ Speedworks Motorsport
- Michael Epps ~ RCIB Insurance Racing
- Warren Scott ~ Silverline Subaru BMR Racing
- Dan Welch ~ Goodstone Racing
- Mat Jackson ~ Motorbase Performance
- Ollie Jackson ~ AmD Tuning.com
- Adam Morgan ~ WIX Racing
- Kelvin Fletcher ~ Power Maxed Racing
- Alex Martin ~ Dextra Racing
- Chris Smiley ~ TLC/RCIB Insurance Racing
- Mark Howard ~ BKR
- Stewart Lines ~ Maximum Motorsport
©Fay Tilley 5th June 2016.