Tom Ingram showed a flawless performance during the second race of the weekend where he picked up his second victory of the season so far. Team BMW’s Rob Collard finished the race in second ahead of Adrian Flux Subaru Racing’s Ashley Sutton in third.
Four laps into the race Ingram made his presence felt when he took advantage of the two Team BMW cars that were battling to slide through into second.
Aiden Moffat started the second race from pole position and got a good start, he pulled out quite a gap from the chasing pack when both BMW’s in the hands of Collard and Turkington were fighting either side of Rob Austin. Austin fell away and was unfortunately one of the drivers to suffer a DNF after being shuffled down the order and found himself beached in the gravel.
Collard went through in to second after being the driver who came out on top from the three way duel, Ingram followed Collard through. Turkington was squeezed out into fourth. Moffat began to lose the lead he had gained with Ingram closing in quickly on the Scotsman and made his move to pass Moffat as they went through the Craner Curves. From that point Ingram was in the lead and never looked back, he opened up a four second lead by the time the flag flies. Moffat only managed to bring the Laser Tools Mercedes home in fourteenth after defending brilliantly.
Rob Collard finished the race in second ahead of Ashley Sutton in third. Team Parker with Maximum Motorsport’s Josh Cook climbed from tenth to fourth aboard his lime green Ford Focus during the race. This finish was another best finish for Cook and the team after a seventh at Brands Hatch.
The Halfords Yuasa Racing duo managed to finish the race sixth and seventh with Shedden just topping teammate Neal.
BTC Norlin Racing produced their best result in the championship with eighth place for Dave Newsham. Jack Goff finished the race in ninth ahead of Tom Chilton in tenth, after gaining a fair amount of ground.
Full finishing positions for race two:
- Tom Ingram – Speedworks Motorsport
- Rob Collard – Team BMW
- Ashley Sutton – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
- Josh Cook – Team Parker with Maximum Motorsport
- Colin Turkington – Team BMW
- Gordon Shedden – Halfords Yuasa Racing
- Matt Neal – Halfords Yuasa Racing
- Dave Newsham – BTC Norlin Racing
- Jack Goff – Eurotech Racing
- Tom Chilton – Power Maxed Racing
- Adam Morgan – Ciceley Motorsport
- Ant Whorton-Eales – AmDTuning.com with Cobra Exhausts
- Jeff Smith – Eurotech Racing
- Aiden Moffat – Laser Tools Racing
- Andrew Jordan – BMW Pirtek Racing
- Luke Davenport – Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo
- Chris Smiley – BTC Norlin Racing
- Aron Taylor-Smith – MG Racing RCIB Insurance
- Senna Proctor – Power Maxed Racing
- Jason Plato – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
- Daniel Lloyd – MG Racing RCIB Insurance
- Stephen Jelley – Team Parker with Maximum Motorsport
- Michael Epps – Autoaid/RCIB Insurance Racing
- James Cole – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
- Martin Depper – Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo
- Jake Hill – TAG Racing
- Will Burns – Autoaid/RCIB Insurance Racing
- Josh Price – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
DNF – Ollie Jackson – AmDTuning.com with Cobra Exhausts
DNF – Matt Simpson – Simpson Racing
DNF – Rob Austin – Handy Motorsport
DNF – Mat Jackson – Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo
Photo Credit: Jakob Ebrey Photography
©Fay Tilley 17th April 2017.