Eurotech Racing’s Jack Goff secured victory in race two at Silverstone for his home rounds of the British Touring Car Championship.
Race two of the day got underway at 14:35, both Tom Ingram and Goff got good starts off the line whilst Colin Turkington and Ashley Sutton leapt past Adam Morgan for third and fourth place. A stunning move by Morgan saw him get back past Sutton and into fourth place. The top six on lap two were; Ingram, Goff, Turkington, Morgan, Sutton and Moffat.
On lap three Goff made a move on Ingram to take the lead. Turkington appeared to be struggling on the hard tyre as he was having to hold on with his all to hold on to third. Lap six saw Sutton right on the back of Morgan but the latter held Sutton off.
The order on lap seven was; Goff, Ingram, Turkington, Morgan, Sutton, Newsham, Austin, Shedden, Epps and Whorton-Eales. The following lap saw the fight for third place heat up as Adam Morgan had Sutton on his rear bumper but had also caught up to the rear bumper of Turkington ahead.
Lap eight saw Aiden Moffat’s car up on its jacks in the pit lane after he jumped out of the car whilst Mat Jackson had stopped on track. On the following lap Gordon Shedden was hunting down eighth placed Dave Newsham. Rob Huff climbed his way into tenth place on his return to the championship. On lap eleven the order was; Goff, Ingram, Turkington, Morgan, Sutton, Austin, Newsham, Shedden, Epps and Huff.
Ashley Sutton would not give up his fight for fourth place as he climbed all over the rear of Morgan’s Mercedes. Lap fifteen saw Shedden still trying to pass Newsham for P8. Sutton made his move to get through to fourth on lap sixteen. Morgan had to defend from Austin who was out on the grass. On the next lap Huff made his move to pass Epps. Turkington closed in on Ingram in second whilst Goff pulled away to open up his lead gap.
Lap eighteen and Shedden had made it past Newsham’s Chevrolet. The top ten on the following lap were; Goff, Ingram, Turkington, Sutton, Morgan, Austin, Shedden, Newsham, Huff and Epps. On the final corner of the last lap of the race Sutton managed to pass Turkington to take third place.
Post race Ashley Sutton was penalised for a move he made on Turkington to take third, due to this being his third strike of the season he will now start race three from the back of the grid.
Full Classification: AMENDED
1) Jack Goff – Eurotech Racing
2) Tom Ingram – Speedworks Motorsport
3) Colin Turkington – Team BMW
4) Ashley Sutton – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
5) Rob Austin – Handy Motorsport
6) Adam Morgan – Ciceley Motorsport
7) Gordon Shedden – Halfords Yuasa Racing
8) Rob Huff – Power Maxed Racing
9) Dave Newsham – BTC Norlin Racing
10) Michael Epps – Auto Aid/RCIB Insurance Racing
11) Chris Smiley – BTC Norlin Racing
12) Brett Smith – Eurotech Racing
13) Matt Neal – Halfords Yuasa Racing
14) Aron Taylor-Smith – MG Racing RCIB Insurance
15) Jason Plato – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
16) Josh Price – A-Plan Academy
17) Jake Hill – TAG Racing
18) Josh Cook – MG Racing RCIB Insurance
19) Rory Butcher – Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo
20) Martin Depper – Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo
21) James Cole – Adrian Flux Subaru Racing
22) Senna Proctor – Power Maxed Racing
23) Ant Whorton-Eales – AmDtuning.com with Cobra Exhausts
24) Matt Simpson – Simpson Racing
25) Stewart Lines – Team Parker with Maximum Motorsport
26) Stephen Jelley – Team Parker with Maximum Motorsport
27) Andrew Jordan – BMW Pirtek Racing
NC – Ollie Jackson – AmDtuning.com with Cobra Exhausts
DNF – Mat Jackson – Team Shredded Wheat Racing with Duo
DNF – Aiden Moffat – Laser Tools Racing
Photo Credit: btcc.net
© Fay Tilley 17th September 2017.